Thursday, May 26, 2011

Muscles are appearing, I didn't know I could make muscles!

While my workouts have been building my stamina and strength they have also been building MUSCLES.
Yes I have muscles, actual definition of my muscles on my arms and calves.  It's so cool to see my body making these changes as I increase my workouts and the weights I'm using.  Today I did the seated rows with 55 pound weights and the pull downs were 55 pound weights as well.  I wish I could see my abs changing, but I doubt they will show anything.  I have a nice layer of fat on top still and have had many surgeries that cut onto my stomach muscles.
I see some changes in my face and ankles too.  It is fun to see my hard work finally paying off with muscle definition and becoming stronger.  
I feel like I'm on The Biggest Loser the Minnesota edition.  I've got my trainer cheering me on and pushing me to improve every week.  She makes sure I've got my plan for healthy eating ready for the weekends, those are the days my will power seems to disappear.  I'm not perfect, but I'm a work in progress.
I'll be progressing more and more in the next few weeks.  I have a goal to reach before I go to San Francisco.  I have another goal to reach by the end of this year as well.  I'm keeping my eye on the goals, but enjoying the journey to reach them too.
I think everyone should have goals short term as well as long term goals.  Why don't you set a goal this week for where you want to be in 6 months?  It's easy and you don't have to tell someone what your goal is you could just write it down for only you to see.
My modeling stint, it was a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment