Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Working out the details

When it comes to working out I'm focused on being consistent.  I go Monday thru Friday for my 30 minute work outs with my trainer.  I try to get in a 30 minute warm-up before on either the treadmill or the recumbent bike.  Sometimes I do half of one and half of the other.  Depends on how my knees or feet feel.  
Some people have asked me what my work outs are like.  When I first started my "regular" work outs meaning committed to 3 times a week, I could do the treadmill at incline of 0 and speed of 2.0.  That was the end of April 2011.  Now I do incline of 1.0 and speed of 3.0 to 3.2.  I started out only being able to do the bike at level 4, but now I warm-up at level 6 and go up to level 8. 
Here is what I did the last 7 work outs after my warm-ups on the treadmill or bike.

Day 1
Leg press 120 lbs. - 12 reps- 3 sets
Leg extension 60 lbs. - 12  reps- 3 sets
Calf Raises 25 lbs. - 12 reps- 1 set (foot pain stopped this one)
Side lunges Length of room - 3 sets
Low walking Length of room- 3 sets
Glute Machine 25 lbs. - 12 reps- 3 sets

Day 2
Push up 10 reps- 3 sets
Up down Planks 30 sec.- 3 sets
Boxer curl while in V sit with weight in each hand 8 lbs. - 30 sec.- 3 sets
Low row 60 lbs. -12 reps- 3 sets
Kettle bell swings 10 lbs.- 45 sec.- 3 sets
V sit 30 sec.- 3 sets
Ab twist 10 lbs- 30 sec.- 3 sets

Day 3
Leg press 120 lbs.- 12 reps- 3 sets
Leg extension 75 lbs. - 12 reps- 3 sets
Side lunge Length of room- 3 sets
Wall sit 30 sec.- 3 sets
Low walking lunge Length of room- 3 sets
Leg curl 30 lbs.- 12 reps- 3 sets
Donkey kicks 12 reps- 3 sets
Ab machine 75 lbs.-20 reps- 3 sets

Day 4
Chest press  45 lbs.-12 reps-3 sets
Seated row 70 lbs.-12 reps-3 sets
Push-ups 10 reps- 3 sets
Kettle bell swings 10 lbs.-1 minute-3 sets
Lateral pull downs 60 lbs.-12 reps- 3 sets
Low row 60 lbs.-12 reps- 3 sets

Day 5
Boxer curls (while in a V sit) 8 lbs. in each hand- 30 sec.- 3 sets
Push-ups 10 reps- 3 sets
Seated row 70 lbs. -12 reps- 3 sets
Low row 60 lbs.- 12 reps- 3 sets
Kettle bell swings 10 lbs.- 45 sec.- 3 sets
Lateral Raises 8 lbs.- 12 reps- 3 sets
Frontal raises 8 lbs.- 12 reps- 3 sets

Day 6 (1 hr work out with a partner, she may never work out with me again :-/ )
Lunges with knee raises 10 lbs.- Length of room- 3 sets
Wall sit 10 lbs.- 30 sec.- 3 sets
Side lunges 10 lbs.- length of room- 3 sets
Stairs 10 lbs.- 3 up and down reps- 3 sets
Med ball toss 10 lbs.- 1 min- 3 sets
Med ball pass 10 lbs.- 1 min.- 3 sets
Plank 40 sec.- 3 sets

Day 7
Seated row 70 lbs.- 12 reps- 3 sets
Back extension 135 lbs.- 12 reps- 3 sets
Lateral pull down 60 lbs.- 12 reps- 3 sets
Low row 60 lbs.- 12 reps- 3 sets
Bicep curl machine 20 lbs.- 12 reps- 3 sets
Ab machine 75 lbs.- 20 reps- 3 sets

 When I started in April I could only do 90 lbs on the Leg press, 45 lbs on the leg extension, 5 lbs on the lateral and frontal raises, 65 lbs on the Ab machine, 45 lbs on the seated row and 55 lbs on the Lateral pull down.
Today I feel so much stronger and am addicted to working out.  I actually feel bad when I go more than 2 days without working out.  I know the body does need time to recover from all the muscle breakdowns.  So I do rest on the weekends.  
I've had a pedometer for a month and am loving the challenge to get more than 6500 steps in per day. 

I know the most important part of any weight loss plan is physical activity.  I'm committed to this plan and whenever someone asks why I do this I tell them "I have a goal to reach!!"

My goal is not a number it's a lifestyle change.  My Future Plan, I'm doing this for my future.  I want to be physically healthy for my Grandkids and my Husband.  He has been so supportive of whatever I want to do and he deserves a wife who strives to be the best wife for him.  My Soulmate, My Best Friend, My Teammate!!
Have you worked out the details of your own work out?  You don't have to commit to training with a trainer like I'm doing to be committed.  You can start with a commitment to doing 15 minutes a day walking or at home Yoga.  Yoga is actually how I started out.  Find a yoga class at your local church or one of the many Yoga places like Corepower Yoga or check with a local Lululemon as they have yoga clothing and know where classes are held. 
Next time you have an hour why not grab a bottle of water and go for a walk or pick up a few cans of veggies and do bicep curls.  You deserve a little muscle building too!
My Soulmate and I dressed up for the Minnesota Renaissance Festival 8/28/11

No comments:

Post a Comment