Thursday, May 19, 2011

Getting it right this time

It has been so long since I've felt this good about myself.   I'm eating according to my meal plan and have not had one bite of sugar, wheat or flour. 

My mind feels clearer and I'm able to focus more.  I'm thrilled to see the positive changes my body has been going through too.  My biceps and forearms are getting "ripped" looking.  I've never had this happen before. Seeing the changes on the scale has also been very good for my confidence.  Knowing I'm on the right track and have all the elements to be successful feels simply AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My trainer, Christine, had a challenge Wednesday when I showed up with a protective boot on my left foot again.  I have a stress fracture in my left foot, the metatarsal of the bone next to the great toe bone.  It hurts and I had bruising so I went in to find out why.  Not what I wanted to hear.
In the past this would've set me back weeks or even months.  I'd have stopped working out and eating right.  I'd have gone right back to eating crappy and put pounds back on.
THIS time I'm coming at this from a different brain, committed to getting to MY goals.

My determination is almost scary to me now.  Setting my goals both short term and long term has kept me sane and on track.  My short term goal is to lose 10 pounds at a time.  My long term goal is to reach my goal weight of 145 pounds. 

Dinner
Tonight I enjoyed a nice Tilapia fillet from Schwann's (90 calories) and had that with Brown rice (1/2 cup), cooked beets (1/2 cup).   I need to find a way to cook the brown rice to get it really moist and not too dry.  Package directions leave it too dry for my stomach. 

I've been using my My Fitness Pal on my ipod touch a lot and even got online to use their website to get more ideas on how to utilize it to the fullest. www.myfitnesspal.com

I am a FOOD ADDICT and I know what I need to do to get healthy.  Physically, emotionally and spiritually I need to keep my focus on just living one day at a time.  I now plan my meals out a little more than I did two weeks ago even. 
Lunch Salad that I have every day (Rainbow has a great salad bar)
I choose healthier foods like this salad that I pick up every morning before I go to work. Monday thru Friday I eat a good lunch.   Takes me almost 2 hours to eat it.  I usually have chicken or tuna with it and my dressing is 1 tablespoon of mayo.

Trying to get in my protein and veggies is very easy.  Gone are the unhealthy sides of pasta with creamy sauces and breads.
I eat my burgers without a bun and have not eaten one nibble of pizza since Saturday when I peeled the toppings off a few pieces at my friends.  The bag of potato chips that sat here over the weekend I didn't have one morsel of them.  I felt very good about exercising that self control.  I no longer let food control me or my emotions.
I'm feeling much happier (like that is even possible, Tom is the most supportive husband EVER).   I now think happiness comes from within and also how we let it out for others to see and enjoy. 
Seriously, how many times do you find yourself smiling when you see someone else smiling?  Smiles really are contagious!!
Try it, smile at the next person you pass in the mall, hallway or gym.  I get more "Good Morning's" and "Hello's" when I smile at someone first.   Not every man wants to hit on me when he says something to me (for those of you that know me you've heard me mention being hit on).
Have yourself a FUN weekend and remember this is making a change in lifestyle not a diet!

No comments:

Post a Comment