Monday, January 23, 2012

Movin' Right Along, Livin' My Life, Doin' It My Way

Nevaeh, Isaak, Grandma (Diana) and Riley 1/14/12


I'm feeling so good mentally.  Physically I'm not doing so well.  My Arthritis pain, diagnosed 1/12/12, has been tough to deal with on a daily basis.  I'm taking pain medicine daily and it helps, but it is NOT what I wanted to use to ease the pain.
It's tough to workout like I had been.  No more heavy weight lifting or hard/fast treadmilling for me anymore.  I did change my workouts to 60 minutes on the treadmill to get a good cardio workout, but have limited my weight lifting to avoid further injury to my joints.  
As soon as my burn is healed I'll get into the pool and do some good pool workouts. 
I've done well the last 2 weeks on my weight loss. I struggled over the New Years holiday and put a few pounds back on :-( and that made me mad because I hate to lose the same pounds again. 
It's been great to put on clothes and see a very positive change in my figure.  I'm down 2-3 dress sizes and 2 pant sizes as well. I'm taking in my pants to put off buying new clothes.  
I know this is a journey and I won't wake up a size 10, but I am enjoying the time it takes to reach my goal.  I've set mini goals so I feel motivated to reach them one at a time.  My Chiropractor always says to me "Inch by inch it's a cinch".  I have to agree with him on that one.  I'm losing inches and cinching my clothing more and more.  The pay offs have been when someone hasn't seen me on a while and they say "You are looking so good".  I'm sure it's not just the weight, but I am much happier with my life now than I was 10 years ago.  I have so many things to look forward to and so many great friends to share my life with now.  My family is behind me 100% and they are becoming more interested in losing weight too.  It's nice to see my healthier lifestyle is inspiring those around me to want to do the same.  My boss told me just last week that he has started to eat healthier too.  Since I'm joining my companies Wellness Counsel I guess my efforts are paying off already.  I hope I can help other people to choose a healthy lifestyle that includes better eating with moderation and exercising by just getting out and moving.
What will you do with your journey? You have choices each and every day, Make them wise choices! 
I fit into this outfit 1/13/12                     

No comments:

Post a Comment