Friday, February 4, 2011

Diary of a Mad Fat Woman (a friend gave me that title)

I guess I've been AWOL from blogging and possibly my own mind.  
I'm back and recovered from that torturous trip to ER.  The bruises have almost all healed and my tests were all good.  My cholesterol is down and my blood sugar was 90 and it wasn't even a 12 hour fast LOL.  I know it's not funny, but I did feel good knowing my body is processing sugars efficiently so far. 
I got a little side tracked with my working out and eating.   I did not completely derail so I'm very happy I succeeded in staying on track.
I found a very good trainer and asked her to hold me accountable like my previous trainer had. Not that the guys don't, but I need a female who knows how much to push me.  She took the time to talk to me about foods, eating and what I need to do to lose 2 pounds a week.  YES I committed to 2 pounds a week which means I could be down 18 pounds by my vacation, which would make me a very happy woman in Jamaica.
I'm so glad she let me say I'm doing my Atkins and didn't pooh pooh it.  However, I did start to see that I do need some carbs from grains and fruits.  I managed to eat well and balanced meals.  Only the scale will tell for sure.  
My workouts have been very intense even though I have a meniscus tear.  I've kept the workouts to the upper body and abs.  My abs are now very mad at me.
I've found that keeping myself busy with sewing has been a great way to keep my mind off eating.  I'm loving the creative side of me coming out again.  Having a husband who supports me in all areas of my life is the key to being able to focus on my goals.  Without his encouragement I don't think I could do this and see results.  
My daughters have been cheering me on too.  My youngest daughter is even going with me to the trainer to get beat up with me LOL. Thank You Little Bear :-)
Do you have people who cheer you on?  Do you know how to spot a saboteur?  You know...those well meaning "friends" who offer you foods they know your trying to avoid.
So this dairy of a mad fat woman continues and I hope that you too can enjoy the Super Bowl without using a super sized bowl of foods. Really celery and carrots are yummy when dipped in roasted red pepper hummus.
Nevaeh says     Licking the table has NO calories.........

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Diana! So proud of you and your quest of losing weight! Let us know how the new trainer is whooping your tush!

    Rhoda :)

    ReplyDelete